In a previous post, I shared a few facts from the Society series. It turns out some of your fellow members live in places as wacky as Nairobi!
I’ll be sharing their fun facts with you in this and the next two posts, plus some awesome Christmas gifts.
1) Hopkinsville (USA) was the home of Edgar Cayce, ‘The Sleeping Prophet’. Although totally uneducated in medicine or finance, he would give valuable medical readings and financial advice while in a trance. Would you trust him?
2) The original name for Los Angeles was “El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula” (“The Town of Our Lady the Queen of the Angels of Porciúncula”). What a mouthful!
3) Kitchener (Canada) used to be named Berlin. In 1916, a referendum was held to find a new name. Kitchener was added to the list almost at the last moment when Lord Kitchener died at sea.
4) Detroit is home to the only floating US Post Office. I wonder: do you have to wear a life jacket to pick up your mail?
5) In Independence (Kansas, USA), there is an annual festival called Neewollah. It is “Halloween” spelled backwards. I know – weird.
Moving on from Halloween to Christmas: I have a lot of awesomeness to share with you over the next couple weeks. Sadly, none of it involves a cup of tea, but it does include a lot of books (and that’s almost as good). From giveaways to 99c boxed sets, there’s something for (almost) everyone.
About the giveaways: I know that some of you are concerned about entering and then being flooded by a ton of emails from different authors. I get that.
On the plus side, you can (and should) Unsubscribe from any newsletters that don’t float your boat (unless the boat happens to be the US Post Office in Detroit – that thing really needs to keep floating).
That said, the seriously impressive Christmas Hamper contest is stocked with wonderful prizes for book lovers. It will rock your world. No, it’s not an earthquake, but there are great gifts up for grabs: two hampers plus loads of individual books. Click HERE and scroll down for the Enter button.
How about some digital gifts to load up on your eReader (or the eReader you’re going to give a loved one)? Here are a couple sweet 99c deals (only on Amazon so far – sorry!):
Cloaked in Christmas: Is love powerful enough to win when two sexy wolf shifters, an unwelcome past, and animalistic urges wreak havoc on the holiday season? Find out over HERE!
Captivate Me: From the bestselling author of the Alyx Rayer Chronicles comes a refreshingly different Young Adult series with plenty of love, suspense, and a new take on the Paranormal. Check it out HERE.
Next week, I’ll be sending you some more Fun Facts, plus two more activities for you to join.