9 Deadliest Supernatural African Beasties
Some time ago, I posted the Top 9 Deadliest African (non-human) Animals, based on the likelihood of surviving a hostile encounter with one. As a re-cap, they were in increasing order of lethal capacity: Cape Buffalo, Puff Adder, Lion, Great White Shark, Nile Crocodile, Black Mamba, Elephant, Hippo and the Mosquito.
Since my speciality is paranormal beasties, I decided to make an equivalent list of the Top 9 Deadliest Supernatural Beasties. To be fair, it was a rather difficult list to create, given the lack of records kept and statistics on attacks and deaths. So I asked for some assistance from my Facebook group. I think the list we created is a pretty good one, after all.
9) ADZE: West African, shapeshifting vampire. It moves about as a firefly. In human form, the adze will eat your organs. In insect form, it sucks your blood.
8) NINKI NANKA: 33-foot-long with the body of a crocodile, the head of a horned horse and a long neck like a giraffe.
7) IMPUNDULU: Lightning Bird is a shapeshifter with a nasty habit of drinking human blood.
6) KERIT: Looks like a cross between a hyena and a bear. Sounds like a tortured demon. Over 4ft tall at the shoulder. Favorite food is human brain.
5) POPOBAWA: Demon shapeshifter. Human by day, giant bat by night, it attacks people while they sleep or if you deny its existence!
4) GUSTAVE: 25-foot-long, 2,000 pound, 65-year-old Nile Crocodile. A serial killer, he’s murdered over 300 people just for fun.
3) NGUMA-MONENE: 35-foot-long lizard with a ridge of spines on its back. Its favorite meal is hippo.
2) GROOTSLANG: 50-foot-long South African dragon that devours adult elephants for dinner.
1) ASANBOSAM: Giant vampire-ogre with iron teeth and iron claws. It hangs from trees undetected and falls upon its prey.
How’s that for fun!